Today I’m sharing a recipe for one of my new favorite breakfast smoothies, Beet Berry Blast! It is so delicious and the most beautiful color, plus it has all of the amazing benefits of beets. Any kind of green smoothie packs a lot of nutrition into a small drink, and in my opinion it is one of the best ways to start the day. Not to mention, picky eaters and young kids will love this green smoothie because of its pretty pink color and berry taste- I did not like beets so much until I tried to experiment with adding them to a smoothie.
After all, you never should give up on a certain food- you could end up liking it in certain ways! This smoothie has several ingredients, in effort to add as much nutrients as possible, and serves about 2-3. However, feel free to add more of one thing and skip something you don’t have on hand; add what you like!
The benefits of a smoothie like this include:
- source of Folate, Potassium, and Vitamin C
- source of fiber, which keeps you full
- yogurt and chia seeds add protein for sustained energy
- banana balances blood sugar
So, without further ado, please enjoy this Beet Berry Blast Breakfast Smoothie! 🙂 Thank you!
Beet Berry Blast Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 medium beet, chopped (or whole if you have a strong blender)
- 1 banana (frozen)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries and strawberries
- 1 cup baby organic spinach or kale
- 3/4 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- 2 tbs. chia seeds
- *optional* 1/3 cup fresh/frozen pineapple
- 11/2 cups milk (any kind), coconut water, or filtered water
To begin, blend liquid and fresh greens until smooth. Then, add in other ingredients and blend once again. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 24 hours or a thermos for up to 6. Enjoy and share! 🙂