Today I’m sharing a quick and easy (yet healthy!) recipe for an appetizer that is just as fun to make as it is to share! In the past few weeks, there have been lots of holiday parties, and I love making healthy dishes to bring along. Today I’m sharing one of my favorites- a Healthy Vegetable Christmas Tree! This snack is not only cute and festive, but easy enough that even a kid could make it. Enjoy, and happy holidays!
- 1 or 2 chopped and washed green bell peppers (preferably organic) or another green vegetable, depending on the size of your “tree”
- 1 cup of washed red cherry tomatoes, whole
- 3-4 small slices of a yellow bell pepper
- a piece of a large, organic carrot, about coin-sized
- 3/4 to 1 cup hummus of your choice (my homemade hummus will be posted soon, so check back!)
- First, assemble the green peppers (or other green vegetable) into a large tree shape. Be sure to cross the peppers, so they look like the “pine needles.”
- Scatter the cherry tomatoes over the tree, decorating it as if the tomatoes were ornaments.
- At the top of the tree, cross a few yellow bell pepper pieces for the “star”.
- Take your carrot coin and place it at the bottom of the tree for a “trunk.”
- Set out the tree with your favorite hummus, and enjoy! 🙂